Board of Directors.
Ready, Set, Grow Child Care Center is a not-for-profit corporation governed by a Board of Directors. The directors are volunteers that have been selected to represent our sponsor, Corning Incorporated and the diverse community we serve. These individuals give of their time, energy and resources to provide thoughtful and responsible oversight to the organization. Their commitment to quality care and learning is reflected in the decisions made to continually improve and enhance the Center management and fiscal oversight.
The full board and executive committee meet monthly to coordinate the efforts of the other committees that are focused on fund development, strategic planning, finance, human resources, communications and facilities.
Want to Become a Board Member?
What We’re Looking For…
01. Regularly attend board meetings and special meetings as required.
02. Take an active role in meetings by reviewing the materials and respectfully participates in consensus decision-making.
03. Volunteer for and accept assignments related to board and committee work. Complete work in a timely manner.
04. Willingness to commit time to participate on at least one board committee.
05. Demonstrate a personal code of ethics and sound judgment.
06. Participate in fund raising activities.
07. Contribute a special skill or talent to the work of the board; i.e., parent or alumni parent (client) perspective, community member, education, finance, human resources, law, business/economic development, community development, health care, public service, etc.
08. Make a personal financial commitment. One hundred percent of the board needs to financially support the organization. Personal contributions should be made at a level that individual board members can afford.
09. Missing 3 consecutive board meetings may result in removal from the board.